History

Our purpose comes clearly from 2 Corinthians 5:18-21. We are a Ministry of Reconciliation. We are reconciling people to God, people to people, and organizations to God. Transforming the kingdoms of this world into the Kingdom of God, where His will is done on earth as it is in Heaven.

The History of THE ARK is as a prayer-protected place of promise. The vision for the camp began with godly men in a fishing boat on McClure’s Lake in 1944. From the start it was determined that the camp would be Bible based, Christ centered, Mission minded, and was incorporated as Pearson’s Mill Christian Assembly in 1948 to reach and teach the next generation.

In 1965, the State of Indiana decided to flood the area on which the camp was located, so it was moved to its present location. At that time, the name was changed to Rainbow Christian Camp.  Over sixty years later more than 1000 young people a year attend camp in over 33 sessions. We are continually searching for new and exciting ways to reach and teach the next generation through Bible-based, Christ-centered, and Mission-minded efforts.

THE ARK’s ministry continues year round with day or overnight school retreats for group building and problem solving, indoor climbing with initiatives, getaways for church groups of all ages, and many other activities which happen all year long.