THE ARK Christian Ministries traces its roots back to 1944 when four men in a fishing boat on McClure’s Lake in north central Indiana envisioned a camp to reach and teach the next generation for Christ. Their vision became a reality in 1948 when the camp was incorporated as Pearson’s Mill Christian Assembly. The camp’s original intent was to provide a facility where children from twelve Christian churches could learn about the Bible and enjoy recreational activities.
In 1965, the State of Indiana decided to flood the area on which the camp was located, so it was moved to its present location outside of Converse. At that time, the name was changed to Rainbow Christian Camp. Over seventy-five years later, around 1,000 young people a year attend camp in over 30 sessions. We are continually searching for new and exciting ways to reach and teach the next generation through Bible-Based, Christ-Centered, Discipleship-Directed, and Mission-Minded efforts. In 2016, the name was changed to THE ARK Christian Ministries, clarifying that this ministry is year-round and focused on reaching the whole world through various means, including Christian camping.
THE ARK’s ministry continues year-round with day or overnight school retreats for group building and problem-solving, indoor climbing with initiatives, getaways for church groups of all ages, and many other activities.